2018 Central/REP U18 Prep programme
This year with:
· 3 mental training workshops from Gary Hermansson, sport psychologist (5 Olympic and 5 Common Wealth games).
· Workshop Energy management from Helen Reagan, Athlete life Advisor from High Performance Sport New Zealand
· Morning and after game routines at tournaments from Ron Werner, Massey University.
· Planning your life, TBA
Goal of the programme
- Preparing you for the Central / HMI trials
- Learning you what it takes to be a performance athlete. In this prep programme we also pay attention to developing your mental and life style skills.
- All U18 players who are passionate about hockey and have the desire to get the best out of themselves.
- players who are aiming for the HMI U18 team, Central or even the Black Sticks.
N.B. All of the above players have the characteristics of a performance athlete.
Outline of the 8-week development to perform programme:
NB for more information on development to perform, click HERE
- On Friday’s fitness with ball and stick, on Sunday’s hockey training. Goalies, you will get 3 x specific goalie training's.
- There is turf time reserved for PC trainings before or after your training. Own responsibility to train.
- In total you can follow 6 workshops:
1. MENTAL TRAINING: visualization and self-talk by Gary Hermansson
There are 3 mental training workshops, given by Gary Hermansson (fun to google his name). Gary has been specific: you need to follow all 3, since mental skills need to be trained. if you miss one workshop due to work or other commitment, you can’t follow the next one(s)
2. Life skills: Energy Management by Helen Regan, Athlete life advisor (HPSNZ)
3. Life skills: planning your life, TBA
4. Recovery: Workshop topic: a good tournament morning routine and a after game roller routine.
- You will be tested twice to measure your progression.
- We have a Kāhui U18 team in the Tuesday summer hockey competition (6 a side, half turf, div 1 level). In total we have 4 game days (of 2 games per day). In the registration you can let us know if you would like to play for this team. We will make a roster who plays per game. (Nb we expect you only play 1 game day)
Click HERE for the complete planning.
N.B. In term 2 we will take a huge step back in the U18 REP programme. You do most of the work in your school and/ or club team; Sunday's will be reserved for mini tournaments, practice games and training specifically in lines. You might be training 2 or 3 times as team.
$ 160,00 (if selected for Central or HMI U18 a credit of $50 will be paid towards your costs).
These costs cover:
· 8,5 weeks training (Friday fitness on turf, Sunday hockey training + PC training)
· 6 workshops on life style/ mental skills (by highly qualified professionals)
· 2x Testing
· Playing a game in the Tuesday half turf serious competition
· Ticket Hawkes bay festival in May
Terms & Conditions, click HERE
Registration closes 1st March 2018